Friday, November 5, 2010

Shopping Spree Fall Market 2010

We had to get up at the crack of dawn so we could land in Houston late Friday morning. When we left Kansas City, it was in the mid 40's and Houston it was in the upper 70 to low 80's. That was nice. My God everything really is bigger in Texas.

Shopping spree was the fist thing we did at market and I knew there was going to be lots of people standing in line, but I don't know just how many there would be.


This is how far back we were from the doors. Once the doors opened people were pushing and shoving to get to the front. It was a mad house. Once inside we saw a sea of tables set up selling fabric and other quilting goods. I was only there for the fabric. I didn't take a list of wants or even know what fabrics were coming out this go around. I had not done my homework. Good thing other people I was with had and kept me in the loop.

We hit Moda's table first so many people pawing their way to the fabric. We just had to grab what we could and hope it was what we wanted. If not, then we throw it back and went diving for more. The Moda peeps did have the new iPhone Credit card reader. When they work they're great. They had to key in my card. Boo. Time I could have been shopping for more fabric. lol! Yes, it really is all about the fabric.

I did see Riley Blake Designs table, but they only had fabrics that were already out. Nothing new.

Art Gallery Fabric had a table and I was gawking at all their fabric. I only ended up getting one small FQ bundle from them. I wish I had gone back for more. I really do like their fabrics, but I keep asking myself what am I going to do with them? Will I ever dream up a project for them? Now, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting more. Live and learn.

My bag was full, by the end of the night and my arm was getting tired from carrying all that fabric around.

I ran into QuiltDad while at Shopping Spree and he was telling us about the awesome Echino fabric he found and we went and checked it out. I had never heard of Echino fabric before shopping Spree. Yes, I think I do live under a rock sometimes. My first thought was that it's a feed sack with prints on it. I don't get this fabric yet, but I will one day and I will be sorry. Could someone tell me what the deal is with this fabric? I just don't get it yet.

You're asking what did I buy from sample spree? Moda was good to me, very good to to me. I love Moda as most of you already know.

Fabric are: Just Wing It by MoMo, Central Park by Kate Spain, Max 7 Whiskers by Basic Grey, Circles by Art Gallery Fabrics, Sherbet Pips by Aneela Hoey. Maybe one day soon I can bring myself to tearing into these bundles and showing what the fabrics look like. Sherbet Pips is my fav right now.

I only got the Fat 8ths bundles because I always have so much fabric left over and I'm not one to really use the same fabric twice, but there are times, don't get me wrong. Some fabrics become like basics. There are so many great new fabrics out that I don't need to use the same fabric twice.

I was surprised that Basic Grey had come out with a kids line of fabric and I thought why did I buy it? Then it hit me in the middle of the night, I could design a quilt for Zeus! The more I look at the fabric the more it has Zeus written all over it. I think the BH and I are going to design this quilt together.

I will have more on market later.

Until next time,



6 comments:

  1. The madhouse sounds like tons of fun! The fat 8ths are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Echino for it's imperfections and un-manufactured look. The bold block prints are in wonderful, unique colours. The heavier linen fabric is great for bags, wallets, totes, belts - I don't use them in quilts. They also look amazing just stretched over a frame and hung as pop art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine being in the mad dash for fabrics, lol.
    Glad you were able to find some new and wonderful fabrics.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a bit of football body armour was in order for that mad crush! LOL Love the Sherbet Pips and the Circles :) Happy quilting Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked out some great lines. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have enjoyed shopping there too. Glad that you had a great time!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...