Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts

Another Little Quilt Swap 4 just ended and this is the quilt that I got.  How fun.  I really like the bead work on this quilt.  I think I'm going to hang it in the dining room.  As it goes with my the burnt orange walls.  This mini is entitled "Min, Min Lights" and is made by Penny of Black Valley Seasons.  The Min Min lights is the name given to an unusual light formation found in eastern Australia.  No one really knows what cause them. Be sure and check out Penny's blog and send her some love. 



This awesome table runner using batiks fabric is from my good friend Ryan of I'm Just a Guy Who Quilts  He give it to us as a house warming gift. He has done a Flicker post on this and it can be found here.  This too goes great in the dinning room and will live on the dinning room table.  Thanks Ryan.  You really are the best kind of friend that a person can have. 


Let me start of by saying that I have not really been a big fan of Amy Butler Midwest modern fabrics.  I was not feeling this quilt when I was making it.  You may remember I did a blog post on this quilt.  World War III  I find it funny to read that post now.  Yes, we did kiss and make up!  Now that the quilt is done, quilted and bound it's starting to grow on me.  This was quilted by Angela Walters and she did a Tula Pink Plume in each one of the diamonds.  The quilting just makes this quilt.  Head over to Angela's web site and check out her blog post entitled All about Amy ~ fresh off the rack.  Here you will see the awesome plume she did and the fun pieced back.  She is a lover of Amy that is for sure.  I love her work. Be sure to send her some love and let her know Charlie sent ya.  If you need some quilting done send it her way.  Name dropping just might get you something.  :-)

I do love three of the prints out of this quilt and they are they brown trailing cherry (sashing), Optic Blossom in Linen (found on the back) and Fresh Poppies in Fuchsia (outer border). 

This quilt is a going to be a going away gift for a very dear friend of ours.  She is moving to Texas at the end of this month.  Every time she cuddles under this awesome quilt I hope she thinks of us.  I wish her the best of luck. 


Quilting friends are the best because their gifts are always made with love.

Until next time,


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! See ya at guild next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the gifts.. incoming and outgoing. All so thoughtful and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, where does one begin....such loveliness....each and everyone! Gorgeous colors and combos! Great friends and you are not too shabby, yourself, Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it arrived safely and you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love all the quilts. I too am not so much a fan of the Amy Butler style fabrics (no offense, Amy!), but when I see them put into projects, they really do look great. Isn't it funny how sometimes the fabrics we don't really love work out so well?

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...