Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Wicked Christmas

I was driving home last night and wanted to hear some good showtunes. Nothing better than singing to your favorite songs in the car and having the car next to you look at you funny. So I woke up today and jumped right on i Tunes and made a show tunes list. I have my top 30 on there now. I need to come up with some more. Anyone care to help me out with with a few of the favorites?

Why do I want to make this list? I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that I'm going to see Wicked this Wednesday night. I think it has more to do with the fact that I love to sing showtunes and I don't have any in the car.

Maybe this is the gayest thing, but I think there should be a Showtunes Hero . You know like Guitar Hero, but using show tunes. Who knows, it might be a big hit.

I got my issue of Quilter's World and saw this on the cover and decided I needed to make myself one. It was very easy and took no time at all. I used what fabric I had from my stash. Quilted the whole thing then added my applique. In the past I've always quilted around the applique, but I found this to be a lot quicker. I'm not much for applique, but I would do it this again for sure.

Have you seen Bradie new pattern Country Corral over on her facebook page? Check it out and let her know that I sent ya. I'm going to have to add this one to my to do list. It's just too cute and I love the fabric. Bradie sure does know how to make me spend money. What can I say, the girl has good taste.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I wanna play "Showtune Hero" but well, how would it work? It is all vocal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats on your list so far? As for Showtune Hero, what type of controller would you plug in? I'm sure it would give the older generation an excuse to borrow their grandkids Play Station!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - you crack me up! Showtune Hero! And I can't believe you men out there agree!!!! Great little applique project though Charlie, and I do love Bradies new pattern, gotta get me one of those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be fabulous at showtune hero...my ipod is filled to the brim with showtunes...wicked, pippin, a chorus line, the producers, funny thing happened on the way to the forum, how to succeed in business etc. etc. i sing as i sew. sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the music from My Fair Lady,
    Fiddler on the roof, West side story,
    heck even Mary Poppins!
    Okay I am old... I take it show tune Hero does not mean a muscular guy in tights and a cape???
    Oh that would be too good to be true huh?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for mentioning my pattern on your blog Charlie! I hope you have better luck finding that fabric than I did. I drove all over Canada yesterday looking and finally.... I found it! Turns out the charm packs didn't make it to Canada so I bought all kinds of yardage, but it will work just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...