Sunday, November 1, 2009

Long Days

Welcome to the fist day of November and just think Christmas will be here before you know it. In fact 53 days, but who's counting.

I know it's been way to long since I have done a post and I'm sorry, but I've been busy with work. If you're a Facebook friend then you know I've been selling lots of sewing machines. I had a great Saturday. I sold six machines. That was a lot of fun. I wish I could do that everyday.

I've got a lot of projects that I would like to get done before Christmas. It's Under the Tree by Holly Berry Collection. There are 12 different blocks that make up this cute wall hanging for a total of 468,000 stitches. This might take awhile, but when you have 10 hour days that you need to kill it's all water under the bridge. I'm going to use corduroy as my outside border. The pattern calls for 1/4" black ribbon for the sashing and I'm going to use a fancy trim foot with a 3.0 twin needle to make quick work of this.

Even with me working long hours I've had some time for shopping. Here are a few items I bought that you might want to peruse or even ogle over.

A batik jelly roll and 35 FQ's. Out of the blue/green/white/brown bundle I'm going to make a quilt like this one for my Nephew:

I leave you with this one last picture to show you that I have been making some time to quilt.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I love that jelly roll! I need one of those. hehehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're alive! I was beginning to wonder. Good luck on your projects. I have 3 Christmas projects to start and finish myself. I really like the Jelly roll and the FQ's. Can't wait to see the finished projects. I take it the delivery date on your two missing quilts has come and gone with no good results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the sales! LOVE that circle quilt...i've got some circles that have been running through my mind lately. i need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the circles. Just the thing I needed to see to get on with my circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where can you find the pattern for the "it's under the tree" by holly berry?

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...