Thursday, November 19, 2009

For Love of Theatre and Fabric


I'm in love with Elphaba from Wicked. Went and saw the show and it was just amazing. A few tears might have come from my eyes in the last half of the show. It just goes to show you that I too have a heart.

Highlight of the show was of course Defying Gravity, For Good, and the finale when Fiyero and Elphaba embrace.. Such true love. Just thinking about this has brought a tear to my eye.

If Wicked come with in a 100 miles of where you live you must go and see it.

We spend time looking for just the right quilt pattern then go and shop for fabric to make this pattern come to life. We spend hours placing it together, but then get tired of it for one reason or another. I have done this on more than one occasion. I have just a few quilts that are half finished in bags stashed around the quilt room. I stopped and asked myself why we do this and I think it's because for some patterns, I'm just tired of it from making the same thing over and over. I know it will be great when it's done, but how many more flying geese or half square triangles can a person make or just get tired of the fabric. Maybe I did not like the fabric as much as I thought I did. Then with some patterns I reach a hard spot and just don't want to take the time and get it done. I'm ready for it to be over. Maybe it's not a hard quilt pattern it's just that I made a mistake and made it harder than it really is. Sometimes, the best reason that I could come up with is, I just want to buy some more fabric and start something new. Just remember that a person never needs a reason to stop one project and start a new one. It's your fabric and you can do what you want with it!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see WICKED! Two of my favorite songs in the soundtrack are Defying Gravity and For Good. I love the soundtrack to it (except for one song - the one the wizard sings "I am a sentimental man")
    I loved the book and I know that the musical is a little different, but I am okay with that. Mayhaps I will get to see it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea about fabric and patterns. I think all of us fabric lovers feel the same way. Was thinking about going to see Wicked (now in Cleveland)...now I really want to!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...