Friday, September 26, 2008

Update


Wow, what a roller coaster ride the last few weeks have been. Not only for me, but the rest of the country. It seems that we are all on the downhill side with the ups nowhere in site.
The last post I told you about the computer woes I was having and it seems I am still having them. I thought all was well and I was up and running, but it seemed that after I used the computer for 15 minutes it would reboot itself. I had run virus software and it told me I did not have any problems on my computer. I just wanted my problems to go away and get my life back to normal so I thought I would once again reformat my computer, but this time wipe the hard drive clean. I get the windows recovery disk back out and reboot and choose quick erase hard drive. I get the warning message that all data will be deleted from my computer. I let out a big sigh, thinking all my problems will be a thing of the past. Oh boy, was I ever wrong. My computer gets 93% done and just for no reason reboots it's self. O.k. I think the disk is dirty. I clean it and back to the 3 hour install again with no luck. Same things happens again, again and again. WTF? Long story short, my computer is now in pieces in the quilt room, waiting to be fixed. We are going to try again and fix it this weekend with a real copy of Winodws xp and not this recovery copy.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but until then posts will be slow coming. I have gotten a little bit of quilting done, but not as much as I would like.

2 comments:

  1. so sorry about the computer problems...there is not much more frustrating. i left windows some years ago and have been trouble free with my mac. i do remember those days of stress without a working computer. hope it's all worked out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your computer back together soon and working right. This economy is so bleak right now. Too bad we don't have a "virus scan" we could run on it!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...