Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm Still Alive

I do not have my computer back up and running yet. I have since found out that I have a fried mother board and I am not sure what I want to do yet. I think I am going to take my BH's computer and he will get a laptop. We just need to save up some money. A good laptop is not as cheap as a desktop.


I am still working away on my Another Little Quilt Swap quilt. I have all the blocks done and have all but two blocks sewn together to complete the top. Then I will be ready for the quilting and binding. You would think I would have a 20" square quilt done by now, but for some reason I am finding this harder to do than a lap size quilt.


I am joining another swap. This time around I am partaking in a fabric square swap of 5" squares. A great way to rid of them left over scraps that I no longer want. Juliette over at Chickpea Sewing Studio is hosting this swap. The Spare Change swap is easy -- you just need to send 24 5"x5" squares of fabric and a self-addressed stamped envelope, and you'll get 24 different pieces in return. The fabrics you send can even be all cut from the same print. The goal is to have a great variety of new fabrics to make a white & scraps quilt. Sounds good to me! Just think of all the quilts one can make with 5" squares. Look out swaps, here I come!

Charlie

P.S. I filled up with gas today and it was $2.73 and now when I got home it was $2.71. I can not believe the prices. I hope it is as cheap in your neck of the woods as it is here in Kansas City.

2 comments:

  1. The gas is not nearly as cheap in my town. I paid $3.83 last night. This morning it was $3.59. I hope the downward spiral continues until it is more easily affordable.

    Oh, I am really glad to hear that you are "still alive" I always enjoy your posts.

    I hope you get all sorted out computer-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so thrilled about gas prices. we're pretty lucky here i think. your swap quilt is cute. i know what you mean about working small. sometimes those little ones take forever.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...