Monday, September 15, 2008

A Little Fall of Rain

I've had computer problems. It seems that I can break a computer just as quick as it takes my BH to fix it. We used the repair utility that comes with Windows to fix my problem and thought it was going well, until I get a new copy of windows and all my old stuff is setting in a folder marked old computer taking up space. I have no idea how to get it restored. I have replaced most of it already. I have just lost a few items that I can not restore. I am sure they're still on the computer if I only knew where to find them. It feels good to start fresh. It's cleans the soul.

Block of the month will be awhile before I get anything else posted. I lost all the block info to the computer problem.


Moving on to some good news now. Thursday night my BH and I went to Starlight theatre here in Kansas City. It's a theater under the stars and it has one of the largest stages in Kansas City. It had been raining all day long and I had thought we might get rained out. Shows are rain or shine so we headed out to see Les Miserables. The story of how the convict Jean-Valjean struggled to escape his past and reaffirm his humanity, in a world brutalized by poverty and ignorance, became the gospel of the poor and the oppressed.

We got there about 7:30 show started at 8. When we got there it finally stopped raining. The seats were a little damped, but thats o.k. If you have ever seen Les Miserables before you know that it's a 3 hour long show that uses a turntable as part of the set. Well, this one did not use the turn table as it was not the broadway touring production. My BH and I were not sure how that was going to work out. Oddly enough, it was a great show. We loved Eponine. My bh shed a few tears on A Little Fall of Rain. Who does't on this song. If you have never heared it before get a copy and listen. It's a great song about unrequited love. Just before the finale my BH leans over and said "If you want, we can leave it's just the finale". He thought he was being funny. I was appalled that he would say such a thing to me. I told him "Bite your tongue". I lost it on the finale. I started crying. Well no not crying, bawling. I was sobbing so hard I thought it started raining again. The rain did hold off and we both had a great night.


I am partaking in another little quilt swap and have not gotten too far on my quilt yet. I just have the fabric and the pattern picked out. I am going to be using the Box of Chocolates Pattern from Bits and Pieces by Karen Costello Soltys. I will be doing mine in bright pinks and browns. I loved this pattern the minute I saw it and knew I just had to make it. I love the use of buttons in this quilt.
Charlie

3 comments:

  1. Hey Charlie, how is that book you mentioned? I've been looking for a book on little quilts for some new patterns and inspiration but haven't found one yet. I'd like to know if you recommend it. Glad the rain stopped for your show. You know, I grew up in NYC and still have never seen Les Mis. Isn't that a shame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate computer problems! It's so true about a fresh start.

    I'm working on the first two blocks of your BOM. Hopefully I'll get caught up to you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gene Black here- I so understand about Les Mis. I saw it in London (lucky me) and loved it - but I also cried a lot. How could you possibly leave before the finale?¿? (¿can you tell where I am?)

    I wish I were there to fix your computer woes.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...