Thursday, September 4, 2008

Perfect Day!!!

Today was a perfect day. The weather was just right, not to hot and not to cold. My BH took me out for a picnic tonight when I got home from work. It was so thoughtful and sweet of him. He had made chicken salad sandwiches and macaroni salad and we went to a local park. What a great way to spend a Friday evening. After dinner we went on a 1.3 mile hike. Wow, that was a trip let me tell you. My heart was beating fast. I am not used to all that exercise. Maybe I need get off my butt a little more... :-)

It's just a perfect day. I am glad I spent it with you. Oh such a perfect day. I am, glad I spent it with you. You made me forget myself. I thought I was someone else. You keep me hanging on. Oh such a perfect day. I am glad I spent it with you. -Lou Reed

Then I went shopping at Macy's, they are having a huge sale this weekend. I bought two hundred dollars worth of clothes for about sixty dollars! I love big sales at Macy's, sometimes you can find clothes cheaper than at wal mart.

Here is a project that I made for my good friend Pat. I will be teaching this class at work. I pieced the table runner and pat quilted it. I just love how Pat uses cherries for the quilting of the runner. The embroidered cherries are the cutest!!!


Here is yet another table runner that I made and quilted myself. I think I might end up giving this to my mother when I am done with it. It is more her colors than mine. I like to take simple blocks and make then look like something so much more. I love how the outer border is broken up by a matte strip. It just kinda sets it off. Give it that "pop" factor. Take a look at the binding on this one I have done it all by machine.

Table runners are quick and easy to make. Most only use 3 - 4 blocks and you can get them done in no time. They are great for the beginner quilter. They even give you a chance to try out your quilting. Woot!

Thanks for a perfect day!!

Charlie

Edit: This blog entry was done Sept 5th, 2008 not what ever day blogger thinks I have done it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm hoping to get some table runners done for christmas presents...love that first one. i'm heading to macy's today too. isn't the weather grand? i'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...