Thursday, June 9, 2011

I've Been A Busy Boy

You never know just how much fabric you have until you take the time to clean it all up. A few quilts could be made from this stash. It took just a little over 2 hours to straighten. Cleaning is hard work, it wore me out.

Yard Good Stash

It's looks great. Now on to the rest of the room.

I might not have many yard goods in my stash. That is because I'm a collector of FQ's. As you know I love lots of colors and fabrics in my quilts.

Sneak Peek - 2Sneak Peek - 3Sneak Peek - 1

Here is a sneak peek of the project from my design wall. I'm impressed with the way the quilting has turned out. If the quilt is small enough I don't mind doing it myself. It's kind of fun. There is so much you can do with just straight lines and a walking foot. Later I'll show you how I do some curves with my walking foot & how I put my binding on with only one trip around the quilt and not two like most people do. I find it more modern looking this way. hehe

I used some left over gray fabric and pieces from the front on the back, the darker gray is from the days when I was into the primitive. Ties in nicely, I think. You can almost make anything modern with the right fabrics around it.


Backside


Great way to use of bits of left over fabric for no waste. Most of my backs are pieces with more than one fabric.

Until next time,


1 comment:

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...