Monday, October 11, 2010

Music Monday

Today's Music Monday post comes to us from Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber. I was watching Ovation this weekend and there was a documentary on the making of The Phantom of The Opera, and it was absolutely fascinating. I really enjoy this show and the music from it, so I thought I would share it here with you today. This show is now the longest running musical in Broadway history after surpassing another Lloyd Webber show, Cats. Here are Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford and their performance from the 1988 Tony Awards.



(video may not be viewable in e-mail or the Qubee Quilts website)

Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine gave me a copy of this recording when I was a freshman in high school, many years ago now. I fell instantly in love and still get goosebumps when I hear Brightman and Crawford sing Phantom. I've seen this show a number of times, and while all were good, none hit me quite this way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Charlie - I had forgotten how much I loved this.
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have enjoyed watching that documentary. I'll have to keep my eye out to see if it is repeated. Excellent shows.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was fortunate to see it on stage. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...