Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Winter Garden



I was reading Sister Choice Quilts blog a few weeks ago it seems, but really it was back in July. She did a book review and I'm always on the look out for a good book to read. I looked to see if my local library had any of the books she had listed on audio. I was able to find Winter Garden (what a great name for a quilt pattern) on audio. I hate to read, but will listen to a book to and from work each day. I have had the opportunity to listen to just a few books this way.

Winter Garden is a book that starts off slow just like everyone said. I really did not get it at first, how could a mother be so down right cold and mean to her own daughters? She kept everything bottled up inside. It's not 'til the mother tells her fairy tale, that we learn the real truth behind her heartless mask. This story made me cry and love the mother even more. I now see why she acted the way she did for all those years. It took a woman with a backbone to do everything she did. I would recommend that you read this book if for nothing else, the history lesson that is told within.

(Photo was taken at night)

Just wanted to let you know that I can finish something. I had a charm pack I wanted to use. I love Basic Gray. Don't you?


Until next time,


7 comments:

  1. The Dresden Plates are adorable! I love this classic pattern that always manages to look new and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read myself to sleep.
    Love the dresden plates, the background really shows off the fabrics.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Charlie I just love those quilts - they are absolutely gorgeous.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the book. I liked it--Maybe I should give it away on my blog. Love Basic Grey--that is what I used for my Jelly Roll Quilt along--I may have to use the leftover to make some Dresdens. I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made some Dresden plates too...your are so cute!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...