Friday, March 26, 2010

Machine Fridays - My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things.So goes the song, but what does this have to do with my post for this week.  Nothing.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


I do want to talk about a few of my favorite things for my sewing machine this week.  I love these for one reason or another.   I'm taking these right from the Husqvarna Viking web site.


  • Clear Open Toe Foot.  - I use this when I do my applique.  I can see right up to the needle and down to my project. 

  •  1/4" Edge Stitch foot.  - Allows me to get my scant 1/4" and has a guide on the side.
  •  Clear B Edge/Joining foot. - Guides decorative stitching along an edge or down the seam of a quilt perfectly. 
 
  • Open Toe Free Motion Spring Foot - Used when I do free motion and with the open design of the foot it allows me to see my work.

  •  Left Edge Top Stitch Foot - I love this foot for sewing on my binding.  There is a grove on the back that the binding rides in and allow me to stitch right next to the edge.  
  •  Interchangeable Dual Feed foot - The dual feed with two changeable presser feet is designed to feed layers of fabric or batting evenly.  Keeps the drag away and your stitches nice and even. 

  • Mini Piping Foot - I use this foot when I want to add piping on my quilt binding.  I use the small 2mm piping right next to by binding for that nice added touch.  Great on table runners.  
  •  Narrow Zipper Foot - I love to use this when I'm adding string beading to my projects.  Here again great for that table runner or pillow.  You can move your needle positions and get right next to where you need to be.  We have 25 different needle positions on the Viking, some have 29.  Wow, Wouldn't you love one of these great machines?  

As you can see there are many great feet for your sewing machine and I could not choose just one.  I have only listed my faviortes here, but there are sew many more.  Your dealer can show you all the great feet for your sewing machine.  Why not give them a visit today?  You might just be glad you did, but before you go...

Head on over to quilter's daily to join the blog along...



Share your favorite feet,  I want to know.

Until next time,

post signature

6 comments:

  1. thanks Charlie. I definitely need an open toe spring motion foot for my machine. I wish I had a local dealer to visit. My dealer is a couple of hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited because I have that B edge/joining foot for my machine (different brand) and now I know what to do with it! My favorite foot is my 1/4" foot. I can't believe I resisted for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlie, on the edge photo with the ribbon...do you happen to know what that stitch is...
    blessings madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't live without my 1/4" foot, Open toe spring loaded free motion foot, and my walking foot. These are a few of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted about my favorite things. This is my first time doing the quilters blog along. Thanks for the prompt.

    http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/2010/03/few-of-my-favorite-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have viking machine as well. Meaning to ask you how you are able to bypass the thread snagging problem every time when you do free motion spring sewing ... I already have went to class and dealers are baffled with my machine snagging up and breaking the needle ... Any suggestions?? Probably may be more than just one reason.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...