Monday, December 21, 2009

Hoilday Joy

I have the Christmas spirit in my heart and mind.

I just spent the most amazing Sunday with my BH. We went to brunch and the did some shopping then went and saw Avatar then more shopping and dinner. Avatar is the type of move that is very thought provoking. It was brilliantly filmed and if this is how films will look in the future then I'm all for it. You must see this in 3D. The 3D felt incredibly natural and not too showy as it has on other films. I got so wrapped up in this film. I want to go and see it again, but this time in 3D IMAX.

The table runner is done. Just need to put some binding on it. Pictures to follow later once I have a camera. I did cross hatching for the quilting. How does one keep their lines straight? I found it very hard. I did draw my lines on, but it was still hard to follow. There has to be another way. Maybe cross hatching is not for me. I know next time I will do a serpentine line and it will not matter if the line is straight. I think I will try this tape idea next time. It just might work.

May the joys of the Hoilday Season be with each and everyone of you. Merry Christmas.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have used painter's tape (that blue stuff) to put on my fabric and keep straight lines OR I have used the little "arm" (metal bar) that comes with the walking foot and you fasten it onto the foot and move it out to the spacing you want and then it's easy to keep a straight line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat is right, that bar that you didn't know what it was for is exactly for doing straight lines with Charlie! And it does work! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! Happy sewing and good luck with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope ghetto Santa brings you a new camera. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...