Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lost, Fire and Ice

It's been a while since I have last blogged. I have a block and can't really think of anything that I want to make into a post. Thought I would let you know what going on in my quilting world.


Have you ever bought something and set it aside for later, but when you're ready for it you can't seem to find it. I bought some black batik fabric and a Bali pop (a Bali pop is precut 2.5" strips of Bali fabric from Hoffman) set it aside for later and now I can't find it. I wanted to use it for an original pattern that I've written. I've turned my quilting room upside down looking for it. Even cleaned out a few drawers last night at 10 o'clock in hopes of finding it, but no luck. I did find the receipt and package it was mailed in. Maybe one day it'll show up. I know if I was to buy more it would show up for sure.

I'm still working on my fresh traditions quilt and I'm just about done with it. I'm looking forward to quilting it. I have a few idea's I would like to try. Going to use the walking foot and see what great designs I might stitch out.

The MQS (Machine Quilters Showcase) is happening next week and I can't wait. Don't you just love their theme? I am looking forward to seeing the great quilts and will try and get some pictures. This is where I will stock up on thread and other great quilting items. Superior threads will be there and their thread is always wholesale at the show. The only downfall is that I need to think about what colors of thread I need for the next 12 months. Hell, I'll get one of every color!

Looking for a few good ideas for a blog post. I Need your help!

Charlie

5 comments:

  1. Heck...do what I do.....just think of what you might say if you were talking to a friend on the phone about your day...any old thing will do. Sometimes I think the more common, everyday stuff makes us feel like we are getting to "know" each other better, ya know? I sure hope you find your Bali pops and the black batik soon. That would be driving me batty. Sometimes if I think of the last time I recall seeing it or holding it, I can then go back to that spot and, oddly enough, usually FIND the item. I know it sounds crazy, but it has worked for me MANY times...but the key is really REALLY recalling when was the last time you were holding those things in your hands and recalling exactly WHERE in your place you were with them. (Want some of us to come over and look for them? Of course, then you'd have to pay us a reward if we found them...something like promising to quilt something for us with your new-found machine quilting skills!!! hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I just noticed...I'm not on your blog list. Maybe you can do a post telling us how we GET on your blog list!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..you said "I have a block" and I started wanting to see the new quilt block you had made.

    Sometimes I am slow. :)

    Just blog...tell us what happened, or what your dreams are. Show us what you made in eighth grade, or what an 8th grader made for you last week (or month or year)

    Writing is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration...hey you shoulda been here today, I coulda given you LOTS of perspiration! It was hot..and how is the weather where you are???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Bali Pops are beautiful. I don't think it would be a bad thing if you suddenly find yourself with two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Bali pops will show up -- I agree with the person who suggested you try to remember the last time you actually had them in your hands and then just go from there. That usually helps. I hope they do -- 'cause they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...