Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Story of Edder Sawtelle


I am glad I did not know anything about this book when I started reading because if I had, I would never have picked it up. I had based this book on the cover alone. They say never judge a book by it cover. Well in this case I was glad I did.

In this tale reminiscent of "Hamlet," a speech-disabled Wisconsin teenager bonds with three yearling canines and struggles to prove that his sinister uncle is responsible for his father's death.

Based on that line alone I would have never read this book. I'm one person that can not stomach Shakespeare. I just don't understand his writing style. To be more correct the language of the time.

After reading it I was unsure how and what I felt. It does bring out some very strong emotions. I had to think about it for a while. I lied awake the night I had finished the book and just kept going over it in my mind. I came to the conclusion that this book ranks right up with To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Yes, this book does have a sad ending, but at the same time a book that you will want to add to your collection.

Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Charlie, I like Shakespeare but it was an acquired taste. As a teenager, I got to see several Shakespearean plays live at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival when it was in my hometown, Anniston, before it was moved to Montgomery.

    The humor can be very bawdy, and when it is made visual, you start to pick up on what the words are saying.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...