Monday, April 20, 2009

Quilters Gold

Maybe I should clean more often because look at what I found.


These are 2 1/2" squares that came from a charm pack and were found in my quilting room. Hmmm, wounder what I had in mind for these? It has long since escaped my brain.


This is the background fabric that goes with the squares. It was also found while cleaning. Some of it has been cut into 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"strips while most of it's 4 1/2 squares. There are even a very few 2 1/2" strips.

What ever this project might have been it was made using squares and lots of background.
Has anyone else cut out a project and sit it aside and forgotten about it? I know that I need to label things or better yet place it in a baggie with the pattern. I've been placing all WIP (work in progress) in a baggie with a label and/or the pattern and any left over fabric till I am done with it. Then at that time I will put the left overs in the stash. Never know when you might need some extra. This way it's right there. No need to spend time looking for it. I have all my WIP in pull out bins that are in my cutting table. I just love this table. I think it was just made with a quilter in mind.

Does anyone know of a pattern I could make using these bits of fabric? I am thinking the pattern came from a magizne. I will look over some and see what I can come up with, but in the mean time let me know what you think I should make out of these.

Charlie

Edit: I found the project that these squares belonged to. It is from the February 2007 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.

The pattern is called Fresh Tradition by Darlene Zimmerman.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I like that pattern a lot..your fabrics would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie, this pattern will look fantastic with your fabrics, very strawberries and cream :o) Can't wait to see you complete it!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...