Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Project X

I have only the outer border left on the green pinwheel quilt and then I need to find something else to work on. I am not in the mood to do the same old same old. I want to try something new and fresh, but not sure what. I have been tossing around a few ideas, but nothing concrete yet.

I have a new tool that I am itching to try out, but I am not sure on what project. The tool is new and there are not many patterns out for it. It's the tall triangle ruler by Darlene Zimmerman.
I checked out a new book from the library called Simply Stunning Woven Quilts by Anna Faustino and I think I might want to try the following quilt, however I would change up the center as these flowers are not my thing.


I also got a book called Blendable Curves by Peggy J. Barkle a few months back from the library and thought I might try out a quilt from it. I like the fact that she takes very simple blocks, cuts them up and sews them back together. The best part of this whole quilt is there are no seams to match up. There is always something that draws me to a quilt weather it's the design, color, style, shape or the content. I was drawn to this quilt for its content and colors.



The last quit that I have come up with is the Lovers Knot quilt found in Pat Sloan's I Can't Believe I'm Quilting Beyond the Basics book. I love the colors and the fact that it uses one charm pack.


While I was looking for a photo of the the lovers knot quilt I came across this great table runner called Domestic Diva by Thimble Blooms. I love the pattern and colors. It uses the new Cotton Blossoms line from Moda.


I did notice that all these great quilts have curves in common. Maybe someone is trying to tell me to try something new and get the hell out of the box of all straight lines.

What do you think?

Charlie

P.S. Just look at all this yummy fabric that I got a while back. It's just calling out to be used in a quilt. I just need a pattern now. Maybe I will design a pattern to go with this fabric.

1 comment:

  1. hey charlie...i have no clue how i got here, but glad i did...i'm in KC too...nice to find a creative local quilter! have been enjoying some of your earlier posts and work...i'll be back to see what you come up with for this fabric...i'm playing with some shirting stripes that i picked up in nyc. stripes have such possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...