Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Dance

It's time for a Happy Dance. I have the green pinwheel quilt done and ready to send off to the quilters. "Oh Happy Day." Is it not a great feeling when you get a quilt done? The quilt looks better in person than here. I think that my friend in St. Louis will be happy with it. I am sure it will find a home on his couch. Sorry for the cut off border.


While I was doing research for my blog I ran across this picture and thought to myself that would be great in a quilt. I just love all the shades of green with just a hint of red. I am guessing this will be a sunflower some day. Wouldn't it be great to print this off on fabric and use it as the center of a quilt with some type of blocks surrounding it? Maybe print off four stages of a sunflower and do it kind of like a postage stamp. What do you think? Has anyone ever printed their own fabric?

I did get a start on the Through the Woods pattern yesterday and got most of the fabric cut. Just have a few borders left. I do like to save my borders for last, but since this quilt is made up of mostly borders I am thinking I best cut most of them now. Tomorrow I will finish cutting the borders and get started on my 98 flying geese. That seems like a lot of geese.


I had enough of the above fabric left over that I am going to make placemats out of it. I am kind of getting into this Christmas in July. This is a free pattern form Red Rooster Fabrics, show casing their Vintage line by Amy Barickman, but I have done mine in the Mary and Bright line from Sandy Gervais for Moda.

Charlie

2 comments:

  1. have you checked out Spoonflower? they're in beta right now, but the fabric they're doing looks pretty good. they're working out some kinks, but it gives us fabric designer wannabees a chance to experiment a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did check out Soonflower today and I even signed up. This does sound like a great idea to print your own fabric. I would love to know the cost.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...