Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cutwork The Easy Way!

Many of you asked how my Diamond DeLuxe was able to cut out my applique leaves in my last post.  You thought it was just a sewing and embroidery machine, but it's so much more than that.  
Cutwork Needles from Inspira.
One of the newer innovations in home embroidery is cutwork needles. These specialty cutting needles along with specifically digitized designs make it possible to create beautiful cutwork or applique projects on your embroidery machine while your machine does all the fabric cutting. No scissors needed- what a treat! 


We used the  5D embroidery software to create the leave pattern then let the Diamond DeLuxe do all the cutting for us.  

If you would like to learn more about the cutwork needles from Husqvarna Viking then here is a great you tube video.  




Cutwork samples made on the embroidery machine

You may still enter the St. Patrick's Day Giveaway  until Sunday, March 25th.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting. I am wondering if these needles would work with other machines or are they designe for just the Viking line.

    Also on the darker sample (left) did the machine do the cutwork and then add the lacy bit that looks like free standing lace?

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...