Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quilt-Uberfest !?!?


O.k. call me slow or I will just chalk it up to the fact that I was in the hospital and they did something to my brain while I was there, but I just got why Scott is calling it Uber-Fest.

I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in Scott's Quilt Along. I will be designing a super easy modern quilt block along with 16 other star classed bloggers. Look for my block right here on Friday, October 14th.

Here is what Scott had to say about the upcoming Quilt-Uber_Fest his post this morning.

Coming up this October, 16 bloggy friends and I are going to present to you a Block-a-day Quilt-Uberfest for the fall and winter seasons approaching…..and you are going to love it!! We are all working with an upcoming line called Sleeping Beauty by Nel Whatmore for Free Spirit Fabrics. I sent each blogger 2 or 3 prints from the line and 1 or 2 woven stripes or shot cottons from Kaffe Fassett’s lines and told them they could add one fabric of their choice. I thought that would combine the individuality of each designer with an overall cohesiveness to the quilt. When the quilt is finished, we will be donating it to a charity for auction, and we will definitely let you know about it!!

Here is the line up of Fantastic Peeps!

Oct 1 John Adams
Oct 2 Kaye Prince
Oct 3 Karen Linton
Oct 4 Konda Luckau
Oct 5 Amy Lobsiger
Oct 6 Ryan Walsh
Oct 7 Scott Hansen
Oct 8 April Rosenthal
Oct 9 Cara Wilson
Oct 10 Amanda Jennings
Oct 11 Susan Sobon
Oct 12 Jan Peoples
Oct 13 Erin Singleton
Oct 14 Charlie Scott
Oct 15 Emily Cier
Oct 16 Rachel Locke

Each day you can go to their site and find an 12” finished original block designed for you to create and work with the others into a sampler quilt or make many single blocks of your favorite into a one block quilt….or create a two block quilt…or a three block quilt…you get the idea! We have a Flickr page all set up and waiting for you to share with everyone else your version of our blocks.
So get ready…pick up the sauerkraut and kielbasa at the market and your favorite stein of beverage and get ready to Uberfest with us starting October 1st with my friend John and then check out all the rest of us! We plan on having PDF’s available for all of these as well so you can download them as needed..


Here is a sneak peek at the upcoming fabric that I'm going to use in my block. I've added the orange from my stash. I think it will work great with this line and sometimes you need a solid to break up all the business.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...