Friday, June 24, 2011

Quilt Along - Basic Quilting Supplies

Lets talk about the basics.  Quilting supply basics that is.  These are some of the supplies that you need to have on hand for the quilt along.  These are now basics for me.  I use these with just about every quilt I make.  I've got other supplies, but they are put away and collecting dust.  You know them supplies,  you thought you needed it, but really don't.  We all have them.

I'll list what they are here, but will tell you in more detail what they are used for later in another post.  Some I think you'll already know about and use.  Some you might not of ever thought you needed, but really you do.  Most of them you already have on hand & maybe one or two you'll  be really, I need that?  Then you'll ask why.  My answer will be because you will be sorry if you don't. 

Basic Quilting Supplies

  1. Pins (I hate to pin, but if I have to)
  2. 1" bias tape maker (used for a one step binding method by machine.  I hate hand work. If you like hand work then you will not need this item.)
  3. 120" tape meassure
  4. White Chalk Wheel or Chalk Marker
  5. Scissors 
  6. Seam Ripper (small tipped)
  7. 45mm Rotary Cutter
  8. Acid-Free Glue Stick. (my new best friend.  Used in place of pins) 


  • Light weight fusible interfacing such as Steam-A-Seam 2 (when I don't use the glue stick, but I used the glue stick for the quilt along)
  • Mechanical Pencil
  • Freezer Paper.  (Found in the grocery store next to the foil)
  • Clear Ruler
  • Sewing machine  

    Again, thanks to the following sponsors.  Without them this quilt along would not be possible. 

    Aurifil_rainbow 125Moda 150x150Woundrous 125x125





    Until next time,


    1 comment:

    1. I have everything but the bias tape maker and I've been meaning to pick one of those up. Love your list! The only thing I would add is a clear ruler ;) (I use my 6x24 and 6x6 all of the time!)

      ReplyDelete

    Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

    Happy Rainy Wedneday

    Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...