Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taking Notice

Sink

The box did say the hardest part would be taking out the old faucet and they were right. Took all of 20 minutes to put in.

Have you ever noticed that when you get get ready to buy a new car you really don't see that many makes or models of it on the road, but as soon as you have bought it they pop up everywhere? I'm not sure if there has always been the same number out there and once we own it are more in tune to it or what. Mind you, I'm not saying it a bad thing at all. In fact I like seeing more and knowing that I am not alone out there in my decision.

The same thing goes for quilting too. Sometimes I like to think of a pattern and find fabric that will go with it and then others, I like to pick fabric and find just the right pattern to go with it. Either by dreaming it up or seeing something somewhere that leads me to just the right pattern. Then there are those times that you're just not really sure where the idea came from, it was just there for you. We are subjected to so many things in this world and everyone is trying to get us to buy/try their little piece of the great big pie in hopes that we will buy or try it. It's just the way this world works & will continue to work. Just something we need to live with.

There are times when you want to view an ad, but you need to watch another ad just so you can see the original ad that you wanted to see. Odd how that works. I hate it, but it's something that I am afraid we're going to have to live with.

Anyways, I might have gotten a little off topic. I posted this picture on my blog yesterday:

Design Wall

Not even sure you can tell what the overall picture is going to be. I'm not planning on using it for an upcoming quilt or anything like that. I just had a charm pack and some grunge fabric that I wanted to use together for a quick and easy quilt to place on my ever-barren blue walls. Then I'm taking a short break from working on this project and doing some blog reading. Seems like I am always behind on that & there are never enough hours in the day to read all the great blogs out there. When I see these great things: (yes, I am stealing them, but giving credit and links to the author)

Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter and her Moda bake Shop tutorial can be found by clicking on the picture.
There is even a kit of this great quilt.

I was listening to American Patchwork & Quilting radio hosted by Pat Sloan (the voice of quilting) & she was talking with a few quilt shop owners featured in the Spring/Summer issue of Quilt Sampler®.
I clicked on over to see the great shops that she had been talking abut when I ran into this.

Pave the Way. Shop owner Karen L. Gray designed Pave the Way for Quilt Sampler® Spring/Summer 2011 magazine. Kit with the magazine can be bought here. If you're ever in the North Carolina area stop in and check out her great shop or check out her blog.

As you can see two great quilts, each having their own style. Take a quilt pattern that you like and make it your own.


Until, next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...