Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reflections

Cue music


A foggy day in London Town
Had me low and had me down
I viewed the morning with alarm
The British Museum had lost its charm
How long, I wondered, could this thing last?
But the age of miracles hadn't passed,
For, suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy London Town
The sun was shining everywhere.

It seems every time we have a foggy morning I always think of the George Gershwin song " A Foggy Day". I miss this style of music writing. They just don't write them like they used too.

This morning I woke up and had to go and get the car inspected, because I had gotten a ticket for having expired tags. I never did get a notice from the state saying they were due, but that does not matter. It's up to me to remember. Only five months late.



Once I had gotten the car and tags taken care of I went out to breakfast with my parents. They love to go to the Corner Cafe in Riverside. It's close to the house and they know just about everyone that works there. They even have their favorite waitress that knows what they order each time they come. As we drank our coffee and ate our food we talked about the people of the past. People that we have not seen in years. Not much in my parents life ever changes. You could almost set a watch to their routine. I wounder, when I am old and gray if I will be just like them? I take the time I spend with them for granted, but in reality they are getting up in years and will not be around forever. I need to spend the time I have with them like it is our last.
I have a couple of quilts that I would like to try and get done today, but I'm not sure that will happen. It's a nice goal to work towards. If I can stay off twitter, the computer, and away from the TV then maybe I will get more done than I give myself credit for.
Fresh modern Bee - January
Fresh Modern Bee block for January

Until next time,



2 comments:

  1. funny what makes you realize time is precious, make the most of every minute Charlie :) Listen intently to your heritage, it becomes important when you no longer have access to it. A tleast that is what I've learned as I listen to my mum lately :) Beautiful block, hope you've had a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy quilting today! I'm glad you had a nice meal with your parents - special time!

    Oh, and I got a ticket for that exact same thing a year or two ago... and got towed :/ Not my best day.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...