Sunday, January 30, 2011

Games of My Childhood


Not sure why, but I woke up this morning thinking of this.
It's the Speak & Spell from Texas Instruments.
Yes, it's from the late seventies
I remember sitting on the kitchen floor trying to spell every single word.


Then I remember this too.
Simon, by Milton Bradley
I used to be really good at it.
I bet I'm not anymore. I've lost a few brain cells since then!


Merlin, by Parker Brothers.
An electronic Tic Tac Toe game.
Shortly after Christmas of my third grade year, I took this to show and tell.
I was so proud of it.
I thought I was so cool having one of these.

I don't think kids of today would even spend more than five seconds with any of these games, but I would spend hours, weeks, even months playing with them.


Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. I think we're about the same age... I may be a tad older, because these were shared with my little brother. I can't tell you how many hours I spent with that red Merlin. I can actually remember the noises it made.LOL I wonder what ever happened to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. I am so having flashbacks! I remember all of these games.. now I don't know that they were all MY games.. but I definately remember playing them I had six brothers and sisters, and I think Merlin belonged to my older sister. I certainly remember playing.. I just don't remember everyting about it. I loved the board games back then too. Whenever I got babysitting money, I would go buy the weirdest board games at the gas station LOL. Nothing we ever hear of anymore.. but we all played them for ever! Oh so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny, how easily we were amused, lol.
    I think my son was playing computer games at 5.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent many hours of my childhood playing with these exact toys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my whole family playing Simon! I kind of miss those simple times, but I'm glad that I had that opportunity. Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. You just threw me right down memory lane with that flashback! Such good memories. Wow! Thanks for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay now you are making me feel old. I bought Simon Says for my kids and speak and spell too but the problem with speak and spell was, of course, it was American spelling and not British so that proved to be a few problems for my kids. I don't think I bought them until the 80s though or maybe the late 70s. Thanks for making me remember though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I remember those also. I was so upset with Speak and Spell because ECHO was a word that took me forever to understand. The speking part of the game just couldn't say that word!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...