Sunday, January 16, 2011

Adding borders to A Quilt

Sometimes it not all about oneself, but others.

It's been a while since I have done a blog post and that is because I need an idea for a post. It seems it's getting harder and harder to come up with post. I'm not sure how other bloggers do it. Really I'm not. If you have any ideas that I might use for a blog post, leave them in the comments and we will see what becomes of them.

I sent out a request on Facebook and Twitter asking for ideas and that is where I got today's blog post. Ronda of Quilt Nut Creations wanted to know the proper way of putting border on a quilt. What a great idea. Thanks Ronda.

Why should I reinvent the wheel when all the work as been done for me by my good friend Matt Sparrow, aka Man Quilter. Check out his awesome site and tutorial on adding borders on a quilt. While you're there let him know that Charlie sent you.

They do say every blog post needs a picture, but I'm not so sure about that.

Stash Pact 11 Update

I have not yet bought any fabric, but then again it's only 16 days into the new year.


Check back tomorrow for Music Monday.

Until next time,


3 comments:

  1. I don't know if we have any guy quilters in our area, or I just haven't met one. Tell us about what it is like to be in a field that is thought of as a woman's world. And even when you don't make things, we always like to see what you are up to, places you visit, etc.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Charlie! I second WoolenSails curiosity about what it's like being a man-quilter. I'm also interested in how you come up with your quilt designs - kind of like a design process pledge! Sounds like you're having a dry spell on blogging - I know just what that's like. I've had good luck when I set certain topics that I post on certain days - for example, Monday is the day I post my to-do list and recap how I did on the previous week's list. Good luck and I hope things start to look up - I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I do know how to put borders on a quilt but so many others don't. as a longarm quilter, wavy borders is my pet peeve.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...