Friday, July 23, 2010

Machine Fridays - Stacked Coins

What does Stacked Coins have to do with a machine Fridays post?  I am wondering the same thing.

If you have been following the Qubee Quilts fan page on Facebook then you know that I was looking for a mindless quilt to work on and found a stack coin quilt on the Moda fabrics web page from their free pattern download section.  As you know I'm not one to leave patterns as they are.  I have to change them up somehow. 


This quilt pattern can be found here

In my version of this quilt I'm going to use a left over Botany jelly roll by Lauren + Jessi Jung for Moda.



This fabric will be my sashing for the quilt and the binding


Then I'm going to mix in some Grunge Sugar Cookie  from Fruitcake by Basic Grey for Moda 


Once I mix all the above together I'm going to end up with a quilt that will look something like this:

I'm going to make my sashing 4" and the coins 5".  As you can see I have mixed up the white by going every other coin. This quilt will be 68" x 78".  Not bad for using only half a jelly roll that was left over from another project.  :-) I think this has some pop to it.

Here is a snip it of the actual quilt


I've got the machine all cleaned, threaded with Aurifil thread and ready to stitch up this quilt.  Join me again next week and see how much of this quilt I've get done.  Feel free to sew along with me if you wish. 

In closing I was thinking how this might work it's way into the machine Fridays post and I can tell you all these great things you can do with your machine and give you tips and tricks, but why not a project that you can do with your machine that is easy and fun to make.  Just remember to keep your machine cleaned, with a new needle and your machine will hum right along with you on this project.  

Have you voted today? Vote For Me # 82 - McCall's Quilting Quilt Design Star: You may vote once per day.... http://fb.me/Eahpnv76.  Thanks for all your votes.  I couldn't do this without you.  

Until next time, 



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a beauty Charlie! I have to say, my stacked coin quilts are some of my fave's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really going to be nice. A stacked coin quilt would be really fun . . . hmmm. I'l have to see what I've got.

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...