Friday, April 23, 2010

Machine Fridays

Have you seen the May 2010 issue of American Quilters Magazine?  Its cover looks like this. 


Not seen it yet?  Run out right now and get yourself a copy, but more on that in a moment.  On to the real reason  we are here.

I want a sewing table there I have said it.  Not just any table, but this one


It's Big Bertha by Arrow.  Yes, I have blogged about her before, but I still want her in my sewing room.  Honey, you will just has to wait.  You are not in my budget right now sweetheart.  In the mean time I will keep dreaming about you and one day you will be mine. 

I do have a table for my sewing machine that I love.  It's a 18" x 24" clear plastic table that fits around my machine and I love it.   I have lots of room with it on my machine.  It helps support my fabric so I can get a better stitch.  I have found I have more depth before I reach the needle, this way I can make sure my seams are locked in place before they are sewn. Can also be used as a light box or easy storage underneath.  I love having my blocks right next to me as I sewing.  I'm lost without the table.  I have been sewing on a machine that does not have one of these tables and I have notice that my sewing is just not the same.  I find it harder to match up my seams too. 

Don't look to close as this picture gives away some trade secrets.  You're all sworn to secretary

If you don't have a nice flat area to sew and are like me and don't have the budget to get a sewing table, why not try a Sew Steady Table from Dream World.  I love mine and I'm sure you will love yours.

I would love to hear about about kind of sewing table you have your machine set up on and how much you love her/him/it.   If you don't have a sewing table what kind have you dreamed about? 




Until next time,


post signature


Don't run away just yet.  I almost forgot to show you what's is in the American Quilters Magazine.





"Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, have all my friends had fun at play?"
 I can see Rachel, John, Bradie, Julie, Lissa, Monica and all of you boys and girls out there!"



See it's me in the bottom middle.  Well it's my Sunday Squares quilt to be exact, but you know what I mean.  The ad is on the back inside cover.  Lots of other great and talent people on that page too.  Be sure and check them all out and let them know that Charlie sent you.  I love ya all, really, I do

9 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing how other people are set up. And I agree, that's one beautiful table. I might just want one too! My table: http://inkythreads.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-setup.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Charlie! I got an old used desk for my sewing table and have an addition on my Bernina similar to yours but yours looks a lot bigger.....that I would love. Now that I am quilting I can sure see the advantage of having a machine that sets down inside the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that magazine and see lots of people I "know" from Quilting Blogland. What FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie, I have a table that came with my Babylock Espire. I have a love hate relationship with it. Mostly because it doesn't fit well on the small table I use for sewing in the livingroom. (It works great on my big table in the sewing room) So far I haven't seen any real difference in my stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your picture in a magazine how cool is that?? And I've read most of the blogs of the people featured!! As for a sewing table, lets just say I need to finda good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not believe I missed it. DUH. Yay Charlie!! It's pretty cool to be in an ad with you!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, Charlie! As for the table, I bought mine ... exactly like that but from Koala .... off of craigslist, brand new with the work table and a serger table for fractions of original. Lady I purchased it lives just south of me and the new tables didn't fit in her newly construct house by an inch so she sold them and built custom. ... her loss, my gain! Have heart, you never know what's around the corner :) Love your Sunday Squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the Ad...how fun!

    I have a SewEZI table that I use every day.. It sits at an angle to a 6ft banquet table for all my "stuff"... I love that I can close it up and take it to retreats..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh -- Sunday Squares! I'm working on that right now :D. And you make a convincing 'case' for getting a sewing table. Big Bertha would be nice, but she's not in my budget right now either. Maybe I'll ask for the table that is available for my machine for Mother's Day?

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...