Monday, June 22, 2009

Lack of Focus?

Yes, I know it seems like it been forever since I have updated this blog. I was gung hoe on the quilting in the spring. I got lots of projects done and idea's to start new ones, but once it started getting hot outside it seems I just gave up on it. Maybe I'm just lacking focus. I work a little every week on quilts. I mean maybe an hour at the most. This is why I still have blocks to square up on my currant project. I still read all the blogs and check out the fabric websites to see what going on, but I guess I'm just not a summer quilting person. Summer is for doing things you can't do any other time of the year. Camping, hiking, amusement parks, swimming, picnics etc... Once it starts to get cool outside the bug will come and bit me again.

Charlie

6 comments:

  1. I love the summer for quilting, the light is so good, and if the rain stays away I sew outside :o) I also have different fabric choices through spring and summer! Have a grat summer whatever you get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we would ever GET normal June weather around here, I'd be outside, too!!! *sigh* You are lucky that summer is with you...NOT here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love to be outside too, but this weather is killing me...flood or sweltering heat. where's our lovely june weather?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Qubie, I have just found you through another message, came to see a fellow quilter - literally - and liked what I saw...but...one hour a week quilting. Good grief man, I shall have to have words with you. If I don't get some quilting done every single day I am so miserable you would not believe!!!! Mind you I live in cold dark damp miserable England so don't obviously have the hot hot hot weather you do.
    I will be watching you....best wishes to you, it is so great to see all you chaps quilting. Good on yer... Janet in UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be plenty of cold dreary days when the warmth of a quilty will call to you. Don't feel guilty for enjoying the Summer... for everthung there is a Season and Summer is for swimming, LOL! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie, I just found your blog. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading. I've read your posts back to Easter! It was like a book I couldn't put down. Loved the red rooster. I actually have a piece of the calico that was used in the wing in my stash...a hand me down from my mother. I've added myself as a follower of your blog so I can keep up with what happens next. Enjoy the summer. In Texas it's already too hot to enjoy the outside. Lane

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...