Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sometimes the snow comes down in June

What is up with this snow that we are getting? I can't remember the last time it snowed this late in March. This weather reminds me of a line from the song Save the Best For Last - "Sometimes the snow comes down in June". I am hoping it's not snowing in June, but again, who knows.

I am a lover of rulers. If it will make my quilting easier then I am all for it. Some patterns call for you to cut your own templates out of plastic, but somehow my pieces are always off, therefore I try to use an acrylic ruler. I found a pattern called Hollyhock Garden by Darlene Zimmerman and it called for a 60 degree triangle. I'm going to make this quilt using a jelly roll from Moda maybe using the Urban Couture that I own or buy the new Neptune roll.



Book that I am reading (listing to)
:

The Cross-Country Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini. Five women meet at quilt camp and embark upon an ambitious project together. I love the character Nana who is a witty and fun loving. I wish I had someone like her in my life. This is a fun read as most of Chiaverini books are. Maybe that is why I like them so much.


Update:

Remember me telling you about the Amy Butler fabric I got and the quilt that I'm going to make a few post back? Well, it's turning out to be my quilt from hell. The pieces were not lining up right so I thought if I re cut them all they would line up. Wrong. I guess I don't understand how they are to line up. So now instead of them being one big piece, they have a seam down the middle. I am o.k. with that. I just have a few more pieces to line up and iron open the middle seam so they lay flat. You know how I hate to iron open my seams, but this is a must or it would be so thick that it could never be quilted. I hope to get to sewing on this today. I have just a few more to re-cut.

The Whirlygiggle quilt is quilted and it looks awesome. The quilting made the quilt. I laid it out and stood back and just gazed at it for 5 minutes. I am impressed with how it turned out. I have only the binding and quilt label to place on. It's going to be real hard to give this quilt up. I am in love with it.

Charlie

3 comments:

  1. So...do we have to wait for the binding to be done before we can see this wonderful quilting on the whirlygiggle quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hollyhock quilt!! It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just itching to see your whirlygiggle quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...