Sunday, November 16, 2008

Work of Art

Look what I got in the mail yesterday! It's my ALQS quilt. Don't you just love all the green colors of this little work of art? It is made by Barb of CatsnQuilts. Check out her blog and post a comment on what you think of this beauty. When I first saw this quilt on the ALQS blog I had commented that the greens of this quilt seem to be calling to me. Little did I know then that it was being sent to me. I can not thank Barb enough for all her hard work on this quilt.

Now I am just waiting to hear from the person I made a quilt for. It might be a few days as it's being sent to Canada.

This was a very fun swap to be a part of. I did have fun making the quilt. I would not mind doing this again. In fact I have a few idea's for the next quilt. I think it's going to be a B&W one.


I also wanted to show you a quilt that I had done a few months back. I got the idea from Quilt in a day. The pattern came from the book It's "El" ementary. I pieced and quilted this one all myself. This book has a lot of great time savers in it. this would be a good book to check out if your doing some quilt swaps.


It seems that I have a lot of quilting projects going on and it's hard to keep track of them all. Right now I am working on a black and red quilt called Bits and Pieces and is from a book entitled Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. It's all pieced and I am quilting it now. I am doing straight lines for the quilting. I plan to use this one on my bed. I will get you a picture of it once I am done. Right now it is rolled up in a ball under the sewing machine. Hehe. It's just a twin size quilt, but I find that it's hard getting it all under the machine. Now I know why people send their quilts out. Most of the time I do also, but wanted to do this simple one all on my own.


Charlie

1 comment:

  1. That green quilt is gorgeous! I love greens too. Would love to get in on a quilt swap like that so if you hear of another, let me know!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...