Wednesday, August 27, 2008

See, I really do make quilts

In my last post, I had stated that I do not have many pictures of the quilts that I have made. Guess what? I have some to share with you of the quilt I made for my mother-in-law. She was grateful enough to take some for me and I thought I would share them with you. There is nothing like seeing the real thing.



See, I really do make quilts and not just use EQ to make them.

I remember, when I went out shopping for fabric to make this quilt. I went to like 5 different quilt shops just to get all the fabric I need. Spread the wealth you know. This quilt has over 25 different fabrics in it. I love to use lots of fabric in all my quilts. Miss Rosie would love me.

I think that the striped strip birders set the quilt off. I had to cut 5 long strips on 45 degree angles. What a pain. It does make the quilt. If I did not love my Mother-in-Law I'm not sure I would have gone to all this trouble. Wait, yes I would!!! I love that "pop" factor on a quilt.

I just might need to make this quilt into a pattern to sell. What do you think?

Over the next few weeks I am going to try and get some more pictures of the quilts that I've made over the years and post them for you. I have three at work that I've made. I just need to remember to take the camera one day.

Charlie

5 comments:

  1. Why not try to sell it? You can always give it a shot. I'm way jealous of your EQ skills! I got EQ6 for christmas and still havent really sat down with it yet. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really pretty. did you quilt this one too? i say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie...I did not quilt this one. I sent it out to a lady here in Kansas City. Just love the work she puts into my works of art. She is the only one I use for my quilting.

    Charlie
    Kansas City

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics you chose
    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want you to know Charlie that this my most prized possesion. Thank you for making it for me
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...