Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

"It's so hot you could fry an egg on the sidewalk."


And here's some good advice from the American Egg Board:
Sidewalks are not very clean. So, if you see someone try to fry an egg on the sidewalk, don't eat the egg!

I'm not a quilt everyday kind of person. It's a quilt a little here, a little there type of thing. With it being so hot I do not feel much like quilting. These are the type of days that I want to be in a pool. If I only had an outdoor pool. The complex that I live in only has an indoor pool and the last thing I want to do is go swim indoors in the summer. Maybe this winter when it is 10 below.

I have been thinking about my next quilting project when the quilting bug strikes. I went ahead and bought a quilt kit of Through the Wood using the new Merry and Bright collection from Sandy Gervais. I was drawn to this pattern because for one it looked easy and second the colors were not your typical Christmas colors. This will be a quilt I can use all year long.


I'm also on the web just about everyday looking at quilting sites to see what is new and sometimes it makes me want to write my own pattern based on what I have seen. I take a little of this and a little of that and before you know it, I have a quilt in the making. I am going to share with you just a small part of a quilt that I have come up with. It is using the new line from Moda Fabrics called Portugal by April Cornall. Don't you just love Moda? I may have to buy some so I can make this pattern.


You may remember me telling you about my BH starting on a project last weekend and I was going to help. Maybe one of these days we will get it done. I did not ever put it on his honey do list, he came up with this one all by himself. The picture below shows why he hasn't started yet! The jumbled mess of wires behind the TV need to be straightened up and organized. I'm just afraid I'll get back there and get tangled in a wire and never get out. I'll keep you posted on his progress.


Charlie

P.S. How do you like the BOM that I am posting? Is anyone making them? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...