Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Every Two Hours

About a month ago I got a new iron. I had been researching for two weeks and found The One. Brought it home and fell in love with it. It's one of those irons that heats up in 30 seconds and it even beeps to tell you when it needs to be cleaned. I was like WOW! Love it! Last week I had to send my new baby back because it was having some problems. It kept beeping at me and telling me every two hours that it needed to be cleaned. Now, if it really was a baby, I could understand it needing to be cleaned that often. So last week I had to cut the cord off my baby (literally, they only needed the plug end) and send it back, but I could not bring myself to cut the cord so I had my man do it. Great news is my baby is coming back to me on Friday. Woot!

I was telling my BH (Better Half) that we needed some new pictures of our nephews and was told that I should send out an e-mail asking for more, but guess what, I did not need to. When my BH looked in his mail box he found a picture.


Yay, Grandma. Sammy sure does love his cars. He is so cute. Looks just like his mother.

Now if we could only get some pictures of the nephew formally known as Benjamin (a.k.a Jason). To me he will always be Benjamin.

UPDATE: (Green Pinwheel Quilt)

I tried my hand at paper piecing and it was disasterous. My piece was as stiff as a man just waking up in the morning. This is not a bad thing expect if used for a quilt. Mine had lots of layers behind it and I was unsure how to remove these. I will have to take another stab at this technique later or maybe take a class. You can see the one paper piece block I did in the photo below. I found another way to piece these without the paper. Yes, they are 2" squares. Very small and I need 72 of them.


I now have the triangle in a square done for the sashing of the quilt. Next, I just need to sew the pinwheels into 15" square blocks and then add the sashing. I will be done in no time. Maybe next week sometime. Here's hoping.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charlie! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm glad you found me and I've added your blog to my Google Reader. I'm curious to hear your "best practices" about machine binding. I have a few large quilts to finish and the thought of hand sewing them all is overwhelming me. Thanks!
    John

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...