Monday, July 5, 2010

Pillow Talk Swap 3

I keep seeing tweets talk about Pillow Talk Swap 3 (PTS3) and had no idea what it was all about.  So i asked and everyone told me that I should do it.  You make a modern style pillow for someone and someone else sends you a modern pillow that they have made just for you.  When I saw that all my friends John, Ryan, Karrie, Julie and Safieh were joining I just had to join. I sent in my application to join and got in at the very last minute.  Nothing like waiting I always say. 

Now to think up what pillow that I'm going to make.  I might be getting ahead of myself.  I thought about what pillow I wanted first and made a mosaic of my likes. O.k I thought that was easy.



Now I can think about what my partner would like for a pillow.  Here is what I had to work with

My Partner also had this to say,  I  love modern bright colors purples, blues greens, pinks

After much thought I came up with this for her.


I sent off my pillow cover to her.  To save on postage I only sent the top as I made my top 18" and the pillow form could be found just about anywhere.

With that done I moved on to the next big project and kind of put PTS3 out of my head until this arrived on Friday.

I really like how modern this really is and the colors are great together.  Thanks for a great pillow Lisa


Clyde frog had to get in on the action too.  He loves how the colors compliment the green in his coat.  I'm like OK what ever.

That frog takes everything I own and claims it as his own.


I came downstairs and saw him napping.  I guess sitting on the couch is hard work.


Until next time,


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's try this again. are u on twitter? if not, can u join so we can keep up on your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't tell who your swap partner was. both pillows are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful! I LOVE the one you made especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilts, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...