Sunday, September 13, 2009

Flying Dandelion Girl

This is my 99th post, woot!!!

In my last post I said I was going to make a fun wall hanging, but I have yet to start that. Instead I have taken an old jelly roll from Fig Tree Quilts called Dandelion Girl and am making 2x4 flying geese with it.

What will I do with these geese once there done? I think this is the 64 thousand dollar question. I do have a few idea's, but I would like to see what you might come up with. I'm open for new idea's here. Post a comment and let me know. Here is what I have come up with:

Keep in mind that I would like to use only the flying geese and not have to add other blocks or fabrics. Bottom line is I only want to use the jelly roll and the background fabric. Sashing and a border are o.k. Post a comment and you might just see your suggestion in a blog post.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Happy 99th! Are you planning something for your 100th?

    How many flying geese do you get out of one strip? I like the Dutchmans Puzzle, it will look great with different or contrasting colours in the middle like you've shown. How about Wild Goose Chase,or Fox and Geese (both on EQ6)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of the rows of flying geese. The Dandelion Girl fabrics have a "Vintage" look about them (I did sell that line, might even have some layer cakes still hanging around...LOL!), that I think would be wonderful in that simple design.
    I'm not an experienced quilter but I know what I like. I like it simple!. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...