Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tokyo's Triangles

I was reading John's blog today and he has started on another project called Tokyo's Triangles. The inspiration is based on this quilt from the Tokyo International Quilt Festival. This idea comes from Sarah and Amanda Jean and they have started a flicker group and invite anyone that would like to make this quilt to join in on this great madness. I think I am going to follow them and make this quilt as well. It looks like it will be a lot of fun and will go together kinda quick, but will use many geese of all sizes. Leave a comment and let me know if you too join this fun and adventurous project.

The quilt is made up entirely of flying geese, but some of them are tall & skinny while others are short and fat, resulting in a beautiful forest-like effect. I am going to use the plaid fabrics that I have talked about in my past post and just add a background fabric to it. This would be a great way to use this fabric. I love flying geese, they are my favorite block to make. Here is a tutorial on how I make my flying geese. They are so quick and easy. You get four geese out one square. I wish I could have come up with this idea. This will be a great use for my new tall triangle or even the triangle in a square ruler and then again maybe not. The tall triangle ruler I am thinking I could fold my fabric in half and get a fat triangle out of it. Keep watching and I will let you know how that works out for me.

Next week, I plan on making a run to the quilt shop to buy some background fabric for this group of plaid fabrics. What color do you think will set these fabrics off? Please let me know what you think.

Be sure to check back often for more updates on this project. This quilt is going to a long term project.

Sorry for all the links in this post. I know there are a lot.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...