Friday, July 17, 2009

At a Loss Too

I'm sending this out unedited, because my editor is out camping this weekend and I'm staying home to work.

This is a follow up post to At a Loss

I've had no luck in finding my quilts. Allot of you want to know who she is because you might know of a means of reaching her. At first I was thinking I did not want to run her name in the mud, but now I'm done with her and I want the whole world to know this. What she has done is WRONG. I'm not even sure how she could live with herself know this.

Amber Coffey of Coffey House Quilts

She lives in the Parkville, MO area or she did. I've sent her E-mail, phone calls, letters and nothing in return. She did pocket dial me from her cell phone the other day, but no one was on the other end. Yes, that did get my hopes up, but turned out to be a big let down.

I have sent out an e-mail to two quilt guilds and one quilt shop asking if they might have any information about her. I'm going to try all of the quilt shops here in Kansas City in hopes they might help me in some way., but most of them don't have E-mail :-(

I will keep you posted on what I find out. Maybe one day my quilts will show back up.

I will take any help one might give.

post signature

P.S. To those that have left me comments I'm sorry I don't write you back. I'm at a loss and there is really nothing more I can say. I know that you understnad. Thanks for all the love that your sending my way.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie,
    hey good for you boy. and SHAME to her. I have googled her name but nothing.... Someone somewhere will see this and hopefully you will hear something. What a piece of work she is.
    Do you have a register over there of businesses, you could get to her that way maybe.
    I get so cross when this sort of thing happens, I cannot imagine losing a quilt by THEFT cos that is what it is.
    There is a website for lost quilts, maybe you should put them on it.
    Best wishes to you Charlie, sending you a BIG HUG down the web
    lol Jan across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe by publicly outing her, she might return your quilts to you. I hope so. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at a loss as to what to offer you. But outing her was the best move on your part. Parkville is pretty much in my neighborhood, (I'm up north in Atchison KS) I've been there several times. At my next guild meeting, I'll ask if anyone knows her or uses her services. Do you have pictures of your missing quilts?

    I hope she does the right hting and returns them to you or at least a reason why she's doing this to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I read about you loss in our Nitetime Needlers Newsletter. Here are two sites to look at. Both have pictures. You can see if it's the Amber you are looking for. Good luck.

    hannibal.net/.../Hickory-Stick-named-among-top-10-quilt-shops

    www.libertyquiltshop.com/mp.htm

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...