Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nearly New

Arrange:
–verb (used with object)
  • to place in proper, desired, or convenient order; adjust properly:
After rearranging the quilt room not once, but twice, I think I have it arranged in a convenient order. It's what works for me.

I like the working of the U shape. It works for the kitchen and it works here as well. My sewing machine used to face a wall and that was not the best view, but now I get to look at a window and do some day dreaming. It only looks out into a parking lot and a road with cars moving by, but at least it's a window that lets in natural light. I find myself wanting to quilt more because of it. I want to get a few cubby's to place on the floor for more storage space, but that is a small detail at this point. The window needs to get some proper curtains

Do you see that blank wall on the left? It is screaming out for something on it. I think I'm going to make a few small quilts to hang on the wall. Maybe some knick-knack items. What theme do you think I should go with and no, not chickens or roosters?


I was able to gain more desk space by taking a table that was the same height and I already owned and placing it behind the desk. This will aid me when I quilt my three layers together.


Here is my FQ stash. I have to look at some fabric each day or I would go nuts. I am a see it, feel it, ooooh and aaah over it kinda guy. I do not own much yardage of fabrics. I like scrappy quilts. The more fabric in a quilt the better.

Still have to have my computer in the room. It's great for taking breaks and talking with people on facebook. The BH thinks that because of facebook and me getting to know "famous" quilting people that my drive for quilting has grown. I think that might be part of the reason. Reading peoples blogs each day and having an outlet (ie: this blog) to share my creative side helps. Having all the clutter out of the room gone sets my mind free to create. I found it hard to work in a room with piles here, there and everywhere. I didn't need half the stuff that was in this room. With the junk gone I am free to let myself go. Now the room seems bigger than it really is.

I'm off to create in my wonderful newly arranged quilting space!

Charlie

P.S. When I was cleaning rearranging,I came across these. They are 4 1/2" squares and some have been cut in half. I have no clue what project I was going to use them in. Now I need to find something as I'm not throwing them out. If anyone has an idea please post in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. I see a design wall in that open space on the wall. Ironing boards can be easily moved if need be to hang blocks.
    I too sew by 2 windows that are too high for a view (except for the trees- not pretty till the leaves fill out) but the natural light is wonderful except for an hour a day when it's blinding. But that's time to do some house work or do some Wii Fit. Want to come organize my piles of "stuff"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Charlie as far as the window treatment I know that you know how to make so nice curtains.
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table you have for a cutting table. Can you tell us more about it/where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was thinking of a design wall on the open wall as well. and i LOVE your fat quarter collection. it's displayed quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to leave your email address if you have a question or entering a giveaway so I can be sure to reply to you!

Happy Rainy Wedneday

Hello my friends, How is every one?  Below are some projects that I have been working on. This quilt has been on my design wall for ove...